What does a mentoring session look like?
Mentoring sessions include hands on activities that help girls explore themselves and the world around them. The girls will conduct role playing activities, do hands on activities, participate in small group discussions, complete projects, and journaling. No girl will simply sit back and listen to someone speak to them, they will be pushed outside of their comfort zones and learn to create! Girls will have refreshments served at each session.
Is there a fee for the program?
There is $10 Annual Membership Fee, and $5 monthly dues.
How long does the program last?
Girls are welcome to stay in the program until they graduate from High School.
Who will be mentoring my daughter?
Our mentors consist of professional women who volunteer their time to share their stories and resources with our girls. All mentors have been trained on how to support mentees and conduct an effective learning session.
When and where are the sessions held?
Our program will meet on the 3 Friday of the month from 7:00-9:00pm. Sometimes there will be a session that requires Saturday, that will be 3:00-5:00pm. You will be notified in advance.
Who can participate?
Any girl ages 10-17.
What are the benefits of the program?
1. Girls who participate in the program develop a relationship with a concerned adult who provides support, perspective, education and encouragement;
2. Girls will also have the opportunity to set and achieve goals that they and their mentors complete together;
3. As a result, the girls who participates will increase their school performance (including grades, behavior and attendance) and will develop positive coping skills;
4. These girls will therefore gain the skills and confidence necessary to become role models themselves and to resist engaging in negative behaviors;
5. This not only results in improvements in their lives and the lives of their families, but also benefits the local community, by guiding youth to become productive contributing members of their community.
Didn’t see your question here? Call and let us answer it for you personally (704)659-6632